a brief confession...

Ok, so I have consumed coffee in the past, though never regularly, and I will likely continue to occasionally consume it in the future. And this blog isn't just about why I don't drink coffee- it is more an excuse for me to ramble, give unwarranted advice, and talk about my running and adventures- but damnit, I'll take a cup of tea over coffee any day.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Inspiration!

I'd been considering starting a blog for a long time, but I wasn't sure what I'd write about.  The epiphany struck like a black-star ninja this morning during a text-conversation (textsation? text-exchange? text-change? textange?) this morning.  I asked one of the female kind to get coffee with me, and she (knowing my anti-coffee state of being) naturally questioned my intent.  I quickly responded with "When I said coffee it was only to create the illusion of my conformity for your comfort- I would definitely order green tea."  She slyly replied, "Ahh, but you would be so much cooler if you ordered coffee... consider conforming spandex boy," (in reference to my road cycling hobby, see footnote) and I countered with, "Cooler maybe, but conforming under peer pressure would compromise my character..."  And that, boys and girls, is  my very first reason to not drink coffee.  Strength of character.

Cheers.

footnote: I definitely do not own one of those obnoxious, overpriced spandex suits that you often see old, overweight men stuffing themselves into.  The only piece of spandex I own is my padded cycling shorts, and that is only to help ensure the longevity of my manparts.  But if you were curious, my butt does look fantastic in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment